Hummus is one of my favorite foods – it’s delicious, versatile and good for you! While I typically enjoy mine with crackers and veggies, it also makes a great sandwich spread or even a dressing on a salad.
Today we are talking TACOS. Hummus tacos, that is.
Traditional hummus is made with beans, which are a good source of fiber and plant protein. When I found Lantana Hummus in the grocery store, I knew I would never look at hummus the same way again! Lantana is one of the fasted growing hummus brands on the market and well known for challenging the hummus category conventions by incorporating unique ingredients like carrots, black beans, edamame and beets.
These tacos are made with six Lantana Foods hummus flavors: Sriracha Carrot, Cucumber, Edamame, Yellow Lentil, White Bean, Black Bean.
Whether you are a black bean or edamame lover, there is a flavor for everyone to enjoy.
This week, I will be sharing meatless meals and snacks for National Vegetarian Awareness month on ABC Lowcountry Live including these vegan hummus tacos.
Tune into the Good Food Friday for more ideas and tips!
If you make these, be sure to share with me on Instagram!
Vegan Hummus Tacos
- 6 small whole wheat or corn tortillas
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup chickpeas, cooked
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1/4 cup red cabbage
- 2 tablespoons sliced carrots
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 tbsp Lantana Foods Sriracha Carrot Hummus
- 2 tbsp Lantana Foods Black Bean Hummus
- 2 tbsp Lantana Foods Edamame Hummus
- 2 tbsp Lantana Foods Yellow Lentil Hummus
- 2 tbsp Lantana Foods White Bean Hummus
- 2 tbsp Lantana Foods Cucumber Hummus
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Place a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add avocado oil to the pan and cook tortillas on both sides until pliable and set aside.
- Toss chickpeas in paprika and lime juice to evenly coat and sauté over medium heat on the stovetop with cauliflower. Set aside.
- Place tortillas on an even surface and top each with two tablespoons of Lantana Foods Hummus.
- Top each taco with 2-3 cauliflower florets and two tablespoons of roasted chickpeas
- Top with remaining ingredients: red cabbage, carrots, chickpeas, salsa and cilantro.
Nutrition By Mia https://nutritionbymia.com/
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to keep up with my recipes nutrition guides, media segments and collaborations!
This recipe was sponsored by Lantana Foods.