I know that the holidays can be a stressful time, especially if you are in charge of entertaining guests and making all the food!
I am a big advocate of making dishes at home from scratch because you have better control over the ingredients that are used. That being said, I am particular about store-bought items but I know that they can be a saving grace during the busy holiday season. I am so excited to be partnering with La Brea Bakery to be sharing their new Take & Bake French Demi Baguettes.
I am a fan of La Brea Bakery because their loaves are made with simple and pure ingredients, you won’t find any preservatives or artificial flavors in their products. As a dietitian who values food quality, I tell my clients to look for their bread in the freezer aisles as they are typically of higher quality than shelf-stable brands.
Today’s sandwich features all the best seasonal goodies including sweet potato, apple and creamy cheese for protein, calcium and staying power.
In the colder seasons, I crave root veggies as they are more filling and grounding than leafy greens. I enjoy using La Brea Bakery’s demi baguettes for sandwiches but these would also be perfect for the busy hostess during the holidays to complement the meal and take some guesswork out of preparation.
Today’s partnership is with La Brea Bakery and Walmart for their launch of La Brea Bakery Take & Bake Dinner Rolls and La Brea Bakery Take & Bake French Demi Baguettes which are available in the freezer aisle at select Walmart locations. Here is a $1 off coupon at this link and you can buy them here.
If you make this sandwich, be sure to share with me on Instagram – I LOVE seeing your creations!
Sweet Potato: Sweet potatoes are particularly rich in vitamin C, Vitamin A and fiber. They are a satisfying and nutritious alternative to white potatoes and in season during the fall and winter.
Apple: Apples are high in vitamin C and fiber. There are over 7000 different varieties and come into season in the fall.
- 1 La Brea Bakery Take & Bake French Demi Baguette, baked
- 1 medium sweet potato, baked
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1/2 apple
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese
- Bake La Brea Bakery Take & Bake French Demi Baguette in the oven according to package instructions. Leave oven on.
- Slice baguette in half, lengthwise.
- Spread cream cheese on each half of bread.
- Thinly slice the apple and layer on each slice of bread.
- In a medium bowl, mash sweet potato to create a thick puree.
- Divide sweet potato mash evenly on both halves of the bread.
- Place mozzarella slices on each half of bread.
- Place bread slices on a baking sheet and warm in the oven for 5-10 minutes until cheese is slightly melted.
- Remove from oven and serve your sandwich.