Its officially flip-flop season and I could not be more excited for pool parties, days spent on Sullivans Island beach and long summer nights.
One thing we can’t forget this summer are the SNACKS! I’ve partnered with Dandy Produce to share the ultimate guide to healthy poolside snacks and dips to fuel your summer fun featuring their radish coins and super crunchy, sweet and virtually string-free celery (truly the best celery I’ve ever had).
When it comes to snacks, I always encourage my clients to pair fiber-rich fresh fruits and veggies with protein and healthy-fat dips.
This is the ultimate recipe for staying power, not to mention hydrating (essential in this summer heat) and electrolyte-replenishing. It’s also a great way to fill your body with beneficial vitamins, minerals and antioxidants to keep you feeling your best all summer long.
Here are some of my favorite fresh fruit and veggie pairings for healthy summer snacking:
- Dandy Celery + Guacamole: Swap chips for Dandy celery and heart-healthy guac for a lightened up take on chips and dip.
- Dandy Radish Coins and Red Pepper Hummus: Hummus is a good source of plant protein and healthy fats if made with EVOO and tahini. Love me some heat from red pepper for a little kick!
- Dandy Celery + Peanut Butter: Love this classic combo! I don’t discriminate when it comes to nut butter. Almond, peanut, cashew, walnut, are all good sources of heart-healthy fats.
- Dandy Radish Coins and Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce: Mustard-lovers will love this combo. Mustard is a great way to add flavor to dishes and dips for virtually zero calories.
- Dandy Celery + Yogurt Dip: I like making a homemade yogurt dip with plain yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil and fresh herbs. It’s a great high-protein pairing for fiber-rich veggies.
- Dandy Radish Coins and Pesto: Pesto can be used for more than just pizza and pasta! It makes for a delicious, earthy dip brimming with healthy fats.
- Strawberries and chocolate yogurt dip: Feeling on the sweet side? Pair strawberries with a high protein yogurt mixed with cocoa powder and a touch of maple syrup.
- Carrots and Beet Hummus: This colorful combo makes for a sweet addition to your entertaining spreads, also checking our fiber and plant-protein boxes.
Want some more skinny dip summer snacking ideas? Get them delivered to your inbox by entering the Skinny Dip Sweepstakes HERE!
You’ll have a guide sent to your inbox along with tips to host your healthy pool parties, fresh fruit and veggie pairings to keep you snacking healthier all summer long and you’ll be entered for a chance to win the ultimate pool party prize pack including: a visa gift card, a premium cooler, tumbler cups for poolside drinking, fruit and veggie dip tray for healthy snacking, produce pool floaties, giant swan float, coupons for free fruit and veggies!
Share your favorite skinny dip pairings with me on Instagram!
Sponsored by Dandy Produce.