Healthy foods to stock up on for a quarantine! Use this list to help guide your grocery shopping in the portions that are right for you & your family.
- frozen – just as nutritious as fresh but lasts longer?. Look for no added sugar or salt. ?
- canned – make sure there is no added sugar or salt?.??
- potatoes & winter squash – these will keep for about a month if stored properly?.??
- frozen – just as nutritious as fresh but last longer. Look for no added sugar. ???
- freeze-dried – still has about the same vitamins, minerals & fiber as the fresh variety except the water has been removed?.??
- dried – make sure there is no added sugar?.?
- apples & citrus – these last several months if stored properly???
- dried beans & lentils???
- canned beans & lentils – make sure no added salt? or low sodium.??
- nuts & seeds???
- nut & seed butters? ??
- canned protein – salmon, tuna etc.???
- frozen fish & lean meat???
- oats ???
- whole grain or bean pasta???
- brown rice???
- high heat oil for cooking ???
- spices for flavor???
- low sodium broths for cooking and flavor???
- low sodium soups?