It’s National Pasta Day and I am celebrating with creamy, dreamy pumpkin marinara pasta made with Ancient Harvest Organic Gluten Free Supergrain Pasta.
I have never met a bowl of pasta I didn’t like, you?
This pasta screams fall and is loaded with seasonal flavors. Who could say no?
If you are like me in October, I always have a can of organic pumpkin in my fridge. I love finding ways to use it besides bread. Some of my other faves are oatmeal, smoothies and yogurt.
Next up, pasta!
For the pasta base, I used the Ancient Harvest 2-ingredient Organic Supergrain pasta made with corn and quinoa flour (yes…gluten-free!). Since it is made with whole grains, this pasta is rich in fiber and B vitamins. B vitamins are especially important for helping metabolize our food to give us energy.
The creamy sauce is made with in-season pumpkin and homemade marinara. Pumpkin is a fiber and beta-carotene powerhouse! Beta-carotene is a powerful antioxidant and precursor to vitamin A, which is important for eye and skin health.
This recipe comes together in less than 15 minutes, which makes it an easy, cozy fall weeknight meal. Double or triple the recipe if you are feeding a crowd.
I topped the pasta with fresh basil and grated cheese. Give it a quick stir once the cheese has melted for the ultimate creamy dreamy entree.
If you make this, be sure to share with me on Instagram!
- 1 box Ancient Harvest Organic Supergrain pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- fresh basil
- 1/4 cup parmesan, shredded
- Cook Ancient Harvest Organic Supergrain pasta according to instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Add oil to a large pot over medium heat and saute onion until tender.
- Add garlic and saute for another minute.
- Add pumpkin, tomato, broth and seasonings. Bring to a boil and stir continuously for about 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss pasta with sauce and divide into two servings.
- Serve pasta with fresh grated cheese and garnish with fresh basil.
Sponsored by Ancient Harvest.