Creamy, dreamy “pasta” with a vegan-based “Alfredo” sauce. Yes, I went there. These sort of dishes spell comfort for me while still providing significant nutritional benefit because of its whole ingredients. Spaghetti squash will always be my favorite pasta substitute because it creates a similar texture while providing ample fiber and antioxidants (it is a vegetable after all).
In honor of my friends and family currently experiencing the snow storm on the east coast, this dish is for you! Even though I feel grateful to be soaking up the sun rays during this California winter, New York City will always hold a very special place in my heart because of the duration that I lived there and I can’t wait to be back! Regardless if you live on the east coast, west coast, or somewhere in between I hope you enjoy this dish as much as I do!
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 3 cups cauliflower
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1/4 cup cashews
- Bake your spaghetti squash in the oven at 400 F for about 30-40 minutes. Deseed and scoop our pasta using a fork.
- Steam your cauliflower in a medium pot until soft.
- Use a food processor or blender to pulse cashews until fine.
- Add cauliflower to food processor or blender and pulse together.
- Next add remaining ingredients- garlic, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, almond milk and tahini. Blend all ingredients together.
- Pour sauce over pasta and mix.