A refreshing and light plant-powered entree that is perfect for busy weeknights. Made with high protein and fiber chickpea pasta and nutrient-rich kale.
I’ve never been a pasta person until I met CHICKPEA pasta and now I can’t stop making it!
If you follow my media segments, you know I tout chickpea pasta whenever I get the chance. It is a high protein and fiber alternative to regular pasta and a good source of B vitamins. Regular pasta is primary made of carbohydrates which is a good energy source, but doesn’t provide that same staying power that protein and fiber does.
For many of my clients who are mothers, this is a simple healthy swap they can make for kids and husbands because often you can’t taste the difference.
As a dietitian, I am all about simple swaps and finding the healthier alternative to classic favorites. Of course, pasta is one of those.
This simple entree comes together in fifteen minutes which makes it perfect for busy weeknights. Whatever greens you have on hand, feel free to swap for the kale and don’t forget to bring it all together with a little parmesan cheese!
If you make this, be sure to share with me on Instagram!
Lemony Parmesan Kale Chickpea Pasta
- 1/4 lb angel hair chickpea pasta
- 4 cups kale, raw
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup parmesan, grated
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Tear kale leaves into 1-inch pieces and remove the stems.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook angel hair chickpea pasta until al dente, about 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta and set aside.
- In the same large pot, add olive oil and garlic. Salute garlic for about 1 minute.
- Add kale to the pot and saute until kale is wilted.
- Remove the pot from heat and toss in pasta with kale and lemon juice.
- Add parmesan before serving.
Nutrition By Mia http://nutritionbymia.com/
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to keep up with my recipes nutrition guides, media segments and collaborations!