Ancient grains have undoubtedly made their comeback. Lately I have traded in quinoa for its nutty and chewier counterpart, also known as Farro. This earthy grain is an excellent source of complex carbohydrates providing even keel energy and a powerhouse when it comes to cholesterol-lowering fiber and satiating protein.
This dish showcases in-season asparagus with a hint of lemon juice and zest. An easy to make dinner on a busy weeknight and a fresh and flavorful dish to impress dinner guests.
- 1 cup farro, cooked
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast shredded
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 asparagus spears
- 2 tsp cilantro
- Coarse Salt and Fine Pepper
- Cut you asparagus spears into 1 inch pieces and saute in about 1-2 tsp of olive oil over the stovetop.
- In a medium bowl, mix your farro, cilantro, lemon juice and zest with 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Add your sautéed asparagus spears and shredded chicken to your farrow mixture. Mix and serve onto 2 plates.
- Season with salt and pepper.