Celebrate the official start of summer with Strawberry Oat Crumble Squares. The perfect dessert to accompany your next backyard barbecue spread!
Happy summer! While these warm temps in Charleston had me celebrating the warm season a few weeks early, tomorrow marks the official start.
Everyone loves summer because it means school is out, the weather is warm and we have an excuse to stay at the beach and pool all day without judgment.
This week on ABC’s Lowcountry Live, I will be sharing some of my favorite foods to kick off summer – think innovative ways to eat your fruits and veggies. I am so excited about these ideas and you will not want to miss it!
Today we are talking DESSERT.
A summer dessert is simply incomplete without fruit, namely BERRIES. Strawberries make their first appearance in the spring but stick around during the summer. Berries are an excellent source of vitamin C and antioxidants.
These crumble squares are the ultimate summer dessert and the perfect accompaniment to your backyard barbecue spread, especially the Fourth of July!
They are made with Crofter’s Organic Strawberry Premium Spread which is made with 33% less sugar than your standard preserve. Sweeten up your summer with these crumbly strawberry oat squares and be sure to tag me on Instagram with your creations!
Strawberry Oat Crumble Squares
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 2 cups strawberries, diced
- 2 tbsp Crofter's Organic Strawberry Premium Spread
- Preheat the oven to 375 and line a 8 x 8 pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine crumble topping ingredients until you achieve a crumbly mixture.
- Add three-fourths of the crumbly mixture to the bottom of the 8 x 8 pan and press to create a crust. Set aside one-fourth for topping.
- In a medium bowl, make strawberry filling by combining ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Add filling evenly to the top of the crust and top with remaining one-fourth of the crumble mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the oven and allow to cool before cutting into squares.
Nutrition By Mia https://nutritionbymia.com/
This recipe was sponsored by Crofter’s Organic.
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to keep up with my recipes nutrition guides, media segments and collaborations!