This recipe was sponsored by NAKANO Rice Vinegars.
Is there anything easier than a sheet-pan meal?
This has been my go-to type of weeknight meal when I need something quick, delicious and nutritious. What is great about sheet pan meals is that they are customizable – make them with whatever lean protein and in-season veggies you have on hand and get creative when it comes to flavor whether that’s a homemade sauce or combination of seasonings. To round out the meal, pair with a grain like brown rice or quinoa, but in this case – tortillas.
If you love spice, you will love these chicken fajitas with a Korean-twist.
I’ve used gochujang in the sauce, which is a red chile paste that contains glutinous rice, fermented soybeans and salt and is a popular ingredient used in Korean cooking. If you prefer dishes on the more mild side, you can scale the amount of gochujang you use in this recipe.
I also used NAKANO Rice Vinegar to add additional Asian-inspired flavor fusion to this sauce but I also love using it in salad dressings and marinades.
NAKANO makes creating Asian-inspired fusion with some of your classic recipes like fajitas, easier than ever, bringing memorable, faraway flavors to your favorite dishes. Since 1804, NAKANO has been crafting rice vinegar with authentic flavor and perfecting their legacy with unique, contemporary ingredients. All their vinegars contain recognizable and real ingredients, so you can clearly see what goes into creating your delicious meals and feel good about enjoying them.
Make this meal on busy weeknights or when you’re looking for a quick and nutritious meal to serve to your spice-loving guests.
Be sure to tag me and NAKANO on Instagram if you make this recipe and check out the NAKANO website to learn more about their rice vinegars! You can find NAKANO Rice Vinegars in the vinegar aisle at your grocery store.
Spicy Korean Sheet-Pan Chicken Fajitas in Gochujang Sauce
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 8 small corn tortillas, warmed
Spicy gochujang sauce
- 3-5 tbsp Korean gochujang paste
- 3 tbsp NAKANO Natural Rice Vinegar, or NAKANO Organic Natural Rice Vinegar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tbsp chili flakes
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sauce ingredients until uniform. Adjust amount of gochujang used depending on level of spiciness desired.
- Place chicken, bell peppers and onion in a single layer on a prepared baking sheet and pour sauce over ingredients. Toss to combine. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Serve with fresh cilantro and warmed tortillas.