Even with the changing seasons, my love for squash relentlessly persists. When it comes to their preparation, I like to keep it simple–roasted with a little olive oil, salt and pepper, and a few sprigs of rosemary. Butternut Squash is one of the richest sources of beta carotene, both an antioxidant and precursor to our immunity-boosting, healthy skin-maintaining micronutrient. It wouldn’t hurt that have that extra kick during these harsher winter months.
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1 tbso evoo
- Salt and Pepper
- 3-4 sprigs of rosemary
- Cut your butternut squash in half and remove the seeds.
- Use a brush to evenly distribute evoo on both open halves of the squash
- Sprinkle a little salt and pepper on both open halves and place your sprigs of rosemary.
- Cook for about 30-40 minutes.