What’s a girl to do with ample amounts of pumpkin purée as the temps turn frigid? Make pumpkin soup, of course. I try to keep the ingredients simple without skimping on taste or nutrition. A delicious and warming way to sip your beta carotene this autumn. Your eyes and skin will love you.
2 cup pumpkin pulp
3 cup vegetable stock
1 cup yellow onion, chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp dried oregano
Nutmeg to taste
Salt & Pepper
1. Sauté onion in a skillet with olive oil until tender.
2. Add sautéed onions, oregano, vegetable stock and pumpkin to a pot and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat and let simmer about 5 minutes.
4. Use an immersion blender to puree the soup to a uniform consistency.
5. Add a little nutmeg to sweeten and salt and pepper to taste.