Is there anything more nostalgic than a classic PB&J treat?
I am so excited to share these peanut butter and jelly probiotic bars. They are made with whole grain oats, sweetened with date sugar and contain crunchy peanuts in each bite. I topped them with a creamy PB&J swirl and even used peanut MILK. Talk about PB power!
Contrary to popular belief, peanuts are a legume rather than a nut!
They pack all the same great nutrition as nuts like healthy fats and protein. I love classic PB but don’t discriminate when it comes to nut butters.
These are also made with my favorite peanut butter product – Naturally More — which has added flaxseeds and probiotics.
They recently launched their NEW powdered peanut butter in plain and chocolate which I used for this recipe. It has all the same great peanut-y taste but without the fat. It’s great for baking or adding to smoothies for a protein boost. And in this case protein + probiotic boost!
If you make these, be sure to share with me on Insta!
And don’t forget to tune into Good Food Friday this week on ABC WCIV Lowcountry Live. We are celebrating the start of June and National Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Month!
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Naturally More Powdered Peanut Butter with Probiotics and Flaxseed
- 1/4 cup date sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp Naturally More Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup peanut milk
- 2 tbsp strawberry jam
- 2 tbsp Naturally More Creamy Peanut Butter
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients - oats, Naturally More Powdered Peanut Butter, peanuts, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In another medium mixing bowl combine wet ingredients - eggs, Naturally More Creamy Peanut Butter and peanut milk.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and stir to create a uniform batter.
- Pour batter into greased 8 x 8 cooking pan.
- Scoop strawberry jam and Naturally More Creamy Peanut Butter on top and spread/swirl with a toothpick.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Sponsored by Naturally More.