This recipe was made in partnership with Unilever.
It’s Thanksgiving week and food is on everyone’s mind! Whether you are cooking for the whole family or for your friendsgiving, we could all use a little help on the menu front.
While turkey and mashed potatoes define the holiday, I like to get creative and include a few new menu item each year in order to try something new. Last year it was an orange-juice sweetened cranberry sauce and the year before that, it was a cauliflower parsnip mash. This year, I am all about nutritious and convenient and will be sharing timesaving tips on ABC Lowcountry Live for Good Food Friday.
Planning and executing the menu items can be a feat, especially if you are on your own!
The dish embodies simple, nutritious and delicious. It comes together in only three steps. Simply pair your Knorr® Selects White Cheddar Broccoli Rice with lean protein (like ground turkey) and fresh veggies (like butternut squash). I love using Knorr® Selects when I need to pull together a quick, balanced meal for myself or for a crowd. Knorr® Selects is the new premium line of gluten free rice side dishes free of artificial flavors or preservatives.
I developed this dish in partnership with Unilever. As a 2017-2018 Agent of Change, along with nine other dietitians around the country, I’m a big fan of Unilever’s mission to share food that tastes good, does good and doesn’t cost the earth. Unilever does this in part by continual product reformulation and innovation, consumer education and development of nutritious recipes and sustainable ingredient sourcing.
Make this quick seasonal dish for your Thanksgiving gatherings and don’t forget to share with me on Instagram!
- 1 Knorr® Selects White Cheddar Broccoli Rice
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1.5 cups water
- 2-3 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1/2 lb ground turkey
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup butternut squash, cubed
- 2 tbsp pecans
- Cook Knorr® Selects White Cheddar Broccoli Rice on the stovetop according to instructions with low-fat milk and water
- Add rosemary sprigs to a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté ground turkey in avocado oil with salt and pepper.
- Add butternut squash to skillet and sauté until tender. Remove rosemary sprigs.
- Add turkey and butternut squash to rice and stir in in to incorporate.
- Garnish with pecans before serving.