Is there anything more festive than toasted pine nuts? For such little morsels, it’s hard to believe that they are one of the highest protein nuts out there! They are rich in pinolenic acid which stimulates satiety hormones CCK and GLP-1 to turn off “hangry” mode so grab a handful if you’re on the go and looking to keep hunger at bay.
When pine nuts are in the cupboard, kale and basil pesto is on the menu. Pair this recipe with spaghetti squash ad or zucchini noodles for a satisfying and delicious entrée!
- 2 cups of fresh basil
- 1 cup of kale
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- Salt and Pepper
- Toast your pine nuts in the oven at 350 F for about 10 minutes, turning them at about 5 minutes.
- Use a food processor to grind your pine nuts.
- Next. add remaining ingredients and pulverize until you get your desired pesto consistency.
- Serve with spaghetti squash or with your dish of choice.