If you are looking for a nutritious and festive pizza to serve up this holiday season, look no further!
Baked on a whole wheat crust (hello, fiber and B vitamins), topped with a creamy, low fat and calorie spinach and kale dip/spread and sprinkled with antioxidant-rich veggies like kale and pomegranate.
Today on Good Food Friday, I shared comfort foods with a healthy twist.
Pizza is definitely at the top of my comfort foods list. It’s all about simple swaps to make it a little more nutritious.
Instead of using typical cheese and marinara as the base, I used the La Terra Fina Spinach & Kale Dip & Spread made with Greek Yogurt. Healthy, flavorful and rich in antioxidants. It’s full of flavor less fat and calories than you class dips. I especially like these because they are made with real, clean ingredients, can be served cold or warm and can be used in a variety of ways – from pizza to dipping your favorite vegetables, chips, crackers or bread.
This would be a festive and nutritious appetizer or entree to serve your friends and family this holiday season. If you make this, be sure to share with me on Instagram!
Holiday Veggie Pizza
- Whole wheat pizza crust
- 1/3 cup La Terra Fina Spinach & Kale Dip & Spread made with Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup butternut squash, cut into small cubes
- 3 cups kale
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- In a mediu skillet, saute butternut squash in one tablespoon avocado oil until tender. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Saute kale in remaining avocado oil and set aside.
- Prepare pizza crust according to package instructions and preheat oven.
- Spread out pizza dough until it is 1/2-inch thick.
- Spread La Terra Fina Spinach & Kale Dip & Spread made with Greek Yogurt evenly over the pizza dough surface.
- Top pizza with butternut squash and kale.
- Bake pizza according to instructions.
- Remove pizza from oven and top with pomegranate arils before serving.
Nutrition By Mia https://nutritionbymia.com/
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to keep up with my recipes nutrition guides, media segments and collaborations!
Sponsored by La Terra Fina.