It’s National Breakfast Month!
Many of us have heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and YES, there is some truth to that! Some research suggests that kids that start their day with a healthy breakfast are more likely to be at a healthy weight and perform better in school while adults have been shown to make healthier food choices throughout the day.
Today we are swapping toast for Wasa USA NEW gluten free crisp bread crackers.
Light, crunchy and 50 calories each, they are the perfect vehicle for your favorite fruits, veggies and healthy spreads. Made with naturally gluten free amaranth and potato, these have the same great taste and crunch as their other varieties while delivering on the core need of my Celiac and gluten-sensitive clients.
This is such an easy breakfast to throw together on busy mornings. My healthy breakfast rule of thumb is to include veggies and fruit when you can and protein for staying power. Some easy protein sources that I used are eggs, smoked salmon and beet hummus. Let me know which combination is your favorite!
If you make this, be sure to share with me on Instagram!
Be sure to tune in tomorrow to ABC Charleston for a special mid-week edition of “Good Food Friday” for National Breakfast Month!
- 2 tbsp beet hummus
- 1 tbsp feta cheese
- 2 tbsp salsa
- 1 hardboiled egg, sliced
- 1/4 cup raspberries, mashed
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/3 avocado, mashed
- 1 radish, sliced
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 3 slices smoked salmon
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/3 banana, sliced
- Lay six Wasa USA gluten free crisp bread crackers on a plate.
- Top the first Wasa USA gluten free crisp bread cracker with beet hummus and feta cheese.
- Top the second Wasa USA gluten free crisp bread cracker with salsa and sliced hardboiled egg.
- In a small bowl, mix together mashed raspberries and chia seeds. Top the third Wasa USA gluten free crisp bread cracker.
- In a small bowl, mash avocado. Top the fourth Wasa USA gluten free crisp bread cracker with mashed avocado and sliced radish.
- Top fifth Wasa USA gluten free crisp bread cracker with cream cheese and smoked salmon
- Top sixth Wasa USA gluten free crisp bread cracker with peanut butter and sliced banana.
Sponsored by Wasa USA.