Three words: Chocolate. Pumpkin. Pie.
Would you believe me if I told you this was made with only six ingredients?
I am SO excited about this recipe. With Thanksgiving next week, the menu is at the forefront of my mind and I wanted to create a simple pumpkin dessert with a twist.
It’s not Thanksgiving without PUMPKIN PIE.
When it comes to pie, pumpkin reigns supreme on the nutrition front. Pumpkin, as we know, is a VEGGIE and loaded with beta carotene, a plant pigment that our body converts to vitamin A, our skin- and vision-loving nutrient.
This pie is made with the Fourth & Heart Chocti which is their new chocolate ghee sweetened with DATES. Ghee is a clarified butter that is lactose-free and shelf stable. Ghee is especially great for high heat cooking because of its smoke point. I love using their Himalayan Sea Salt ghee for roasting veggies.
If you make this, be sure to share with me onInstagram!
Want some more Thanksgiving ideas? Tune in to Good Food Friday tomorrow on ABC’s Lowcountry Live. I will be sharing everything from dessert to entrees to cocktails!
- 1/2 cup 4th & Heart Pink Himalyan Sea Salt Ghee, melted
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup 4th & Heart Chocti
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and combine with ghee and coconut flour to form a dough.
- Pat dough in a greased 9-inch pie pan and prick with a fork.
- Bake dough for 8 minutes and allow to cool.
- Turn oven to 350 F.
- In a food processor, combine pie filling ingredients until uniform.
- Add pie filling to crust and bake for 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool before serving.
Sponsored by 4th & Heart.