Nothing says fall like Moscow Mules served in copper mugs!
With Thanksgiving next week and apple season in full swing, I’ve take a seasonal twist on this classic favorite with apple cider mules!
Making your own apple cider at home is so easy as long as you have a juicer for apples to make fresh apple juice or have reliable brand on hand. Using seasonal fall spices, slowly simmer your cider over the stove top (also making your home/kitchen smell heavenly) and allow to cool before assembling your apple cider mules.
I made the apple cider base using Uncle Matt’s Organic Apple Juice.
I love this juice because it’s only made with one ingredient – organic apples – no added sugar. They use a cold pressed method to extract their juice which helps preserve the taste and nutrition especially heat-sensitive vitamins like vitamin C.
Serve these up on Thanksgiving or enjoy all season long!
If you make these, be sure to share with me on Instagram!
- 4 cups Uncle Matt's Organic Apple Juice
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger
- 4 cloves
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 4 whole cardamom pods
- 2 star anise
- 16 ounces ginger beer
- 6 ounces vodka
- Add all ingredients except ginger beer and vodka to a small saucepan and heat on low for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain to remove spices.
- Allow to cool in the fridge for a few hours.
- Once cooled, add ice to four copper mugs.
- Pour 1 cup of apple cider to each mug, 1.5 ounce of vodka and top with ginger beer.
- Garnish with cinnamon sticks and sliced apples.
Sponsored by Uncle Matt’s.