Build a better brunch at home for Easter Sunday using what you have on hand! Today on Good Day Sacramento, I shared tips to put together a healthier brunch at home.
1. Savory Toast Bar: put together a savory toast bar with whole grain bread, veggies, proteins and savory dips. Some examples are hummus, plant-based dips, cream cheese, smoked salmon and harboiled eggs that are sliced. For veggies, you can put our sliced onion, tomatoes and fresh cilantro – get creative!
2. Zonin Prosecco: add to fresh squeeze orange juice for easy mimosas. Zonin Prosecco is super fresh and perfect for brunch. It’s made with 100% glera grapes, which are soft pressed and bottled every 45 days for freshness. Garnish with fresh herbs like mint or thyme.
3. Apple Parfaits: apples are fresh produce that last and are a good source of filling fiber and vitamin C. Use them in parfaits or to top yogurt.
4. 100% Orange Juice: 100% OJ is an excellent source of vitamin C and a good source of potassium & folate. Plus all the sweetness comes from the naturally occurring sugars that develop as oranges grow.
5. Dried Fruit Oat Cups: use stockpiled dried fruit and whole grain oats for this sweet brunch option. Use this recipe!
6. Fresh Fruit: put out whatever fresh fruit you have on hand. Fruit is a good source of fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants – doesn’t matter which one you love or happen to have!