The holidays are one of the most joyous times of the year, but they can also be the most hectic – especially if you are entertaining.
I am so excited to be partnering with ALDI to share SIX healthy staples you can get from their grocery store to make entertaining easy, affordable and nutritious!
Money spent and calories consumed this time of year quickly add up. Thankfully ALDI has better-for-you options at low prices that cater to all of your holiday needs – from seasonal food to holiday gifts to gluten-free options. ALDI is a one-stop shop for all of your holiday must-haves
1. Organic produce: ALDI recently announced their largest product expansion ever which includes a 40% increase in fresh food offerings, including organic produce and ready-to-eat foods like veggie noodles and sliced fruit. I opt to buy organic whenever possible
2. Whole wheat spaghetti: When it comes to your grains and pastas, whole wheat is the way to go. It’s higher in filling fiber and B vitamins, which are important for energy. The ALDI Simply Nature products, which includes whole wheat pasta, are free of over 125 ingredients and range from pantry staples like cereal, honey, pasta sauce and bread, to kale and salad mixes.
3. Riced cauliflower: Have you ever tried to rice your own cauliflower? It’s time intensive and can create a mess. I always have riced cauliflower on hand to throw together quick meals and ALDI has an affordable option. The Season’s Choice riced cauliflower offers a low-carb, mild-tasting rice swap that soaks up the flavor it’s cooked with (not to mention, it’s a VEGGIE!).
4. Pre-cooked and seasoned chicken breasts: ALDI carries a great selection of fresh meat, poultry and fish. I personally love the pre-cooked and seasoned chicken for adding quick flavorful protein to healthy holiday dishes. I also love their Never Any! line, which contains fresh meat products with no antibiotics, added hormones or animal by-products.
5. Dessert: Dessert is usually an afterthought for the busy hostess. Visit ALDI to pick up delicious, ready-made Village Bakery pies for a crowd-pleasing dessert (that tastes homemade!).
6. Sparkling Wine: ALDI is known for their selection of award-wining and affordable wines including the Grandi Mori Valdobbiadene Prosecco. Make more toasts for less this holiday season!
For more entertaining tips and recipes visit https://www.aldi.us/en/recipes/holiday-recipes/.
And be sure to tune in to Good Food Friday on ABC Charleston for delicious, nutritious ALDI recipes to ring in the holiday season!