Make dinner easy and keep dish washing to a minimum with this all-in-one, one-skillet meal made with in-season brussels & butternut squash.
If you are like me, you like to keep weeknight meals quick, easy and nutritious. One-skillet meals check all those boxes.
I love using my cast iron skillet for one-skillet meals and desserts. It’s super versatile and lasts forever. The 8-inch skillet is great investment if you are single or live with a partner.
This one-skillet meal is made with fall produce.
Brussels sprouts and butternut squash are officially in season and pair with the earthy taste of ground beef with thyme. This is a good combination of your carbohydrates (butternut squash is a starchy veggie) and protein. If you are looking to add a little more staying power, feel free to add leftover quinoa.
If you make this, be sure to share with me on Instagram!
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 ounces ground beef or turkey
- 2 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 1/4 cup water
- Fresh thyme
- Add avocado oil to a 8-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and ground beef to skillet and cook until meat is fully cooked.
- Add butternut squash and cook with water.
- Add fresh thyme and continue cooking until butternut squash is tender.
Nutrition By Mia http://nutritionbymia.com/
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to keep up with my recipes nutrition guides, media segments and collaborations!