Looking for the ultimate fall entree? Look no further! These protein-packed bowls are made with ingredients you can prep ahead of time so they are easy to throw together for weekday lunches and dinner.
It is no secret that I am fall-obsessed – especially when it comes to fall produce.
There is something about brussels sprouts and winter squash that speaks to me every time October comes around. Hands down, my favorite way to prepare these veggies is roasting. They become naturally sweet and almost taste like candy (yes, I’m serious!).
I always have roasted veggies made in the fall and winter months and like to make a fresh batch every few days.
Another fridge staple for me is quinoa. I love adding this nutty grain (actually a pseudo grain but has the same nutrition as our whole grains) to salads and soups for fiber, B vitamins and extra staying power. Quinoa is a complete protein, after all!
Finally, I like to to have protein made during the week that I can incorporate into meals.
Sometimes that is chicken, sometimes tuna, sometimes salmon. It all depends on my mood. Chicken is mild so its really takes on the flavor of its seasonings. This lean protein makes a seamless addition to this fall bowl.
Top with your favorite dressing and nuts + seeds for an extra dose of heart-healthy fats and you have an easy fall meal that you can throw together during the week.
If you make this fall bowl, be sure to share with me on Instagram!
Protein-Powered Fall Bowl
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup delicate squash, slices
- 1 cup brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp pecans
- 2 tbsp pepitas
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place delicata squash, brussels sprouts and chicken breasts on a lined baking sheet and brush with avocado oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and dice chicken.
- Rinse quinoa thoroughly and cook on the stovetop according to instructions. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Assemble bowls with quinoa, roasted veggies and chicken.
- Pour dressing over bowl and top with pecans and pipits.
Nutrition By Mia https://nutritionbymia.com/
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to keep up with my recipes nutrition guides, media segments and collaborations!