Have you satisfied your chocolate fit yet?
I hope not! Meet my chocolate walnut HONEY bites made with five ingredients. And the best part is… no oven required!
A buttery smooth, peanut butter honey layer topped with dark chocolate and crunchy walnuts. These are the perfect one-bite dessert to satisfy a sweet tooth at the end of meal.
With Valentine’s Day coming up, I can’t get enough sweet treats. In true Nutrition By Mia fashion, these are made with a nutritious twist. Make these for your love or best girlfriends for Galentine’s Day.
As a dietitian, I love sweetening my desserts with RAW MANUKA HONEY. Unlike refined sugar which is a pure carbohydrate, honey contains trace vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. I use Wedderspoon’s Raw Manuka honey sourced in New Zealand where the manuka plant is native. Because it is raw, it has been minimally processed which helps preserve those nutrients.
Tune in to Good Food Friday on ABC WCIV-TV for MORE fun and festive food and beverages to celebrate Valentine’s Day!
If you make these, be sure to share with me on Insta!
- 2 cups natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Wedderspoon Raw Manuka Honey
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Wedderspoon Raw Manuka Honey
- Line an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside. I used a square mold for this recipe but if you don't have one, an 8 x 8 inch pan also works!
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups natural peanut butter, 1/2 cup Wedderspoon Raw Manuka Honey, and 1 cup coconut flour until uniform.
- Pour mixture into your baking pan and freeze for 20 minutes.
- While the first layer is freezing, make your chocolate topping. Using the double boiler method, melt 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips and combine with 1/4 cup natural peanut butter and 1/4 cup Wedderspoon Raw Manuka Honey until uniform.
- Remove pan from the freezer and pour chocolate mixture on top of the first layer. Place walnuts on top and freeze for one hour before cutting into squares and serving.
Sponsored by Wedderspoon.