Just enough sweetness and the perfect amount of crunch- this granola will undoubtedly have you coming back for more! It’s nearly impossible to find a store-bought granola that tastes good yet isn’t packed with too much sugar (if you happen to find one, please send your recommendation my way!). Finding that happy medium between flavor and nutrition became my mission and I am pleased to say I’ve found my new go-to recipe.
Heart healthy almonds and pecans coupled with omega-3 bearing chia seeds and medium chain fatty acids from coconut oil as an energy source, make this recipe a nutritious one. Oats are a source of insoluble fiber which promotes healthy cholesterol levels and helps control blood sugar.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup almonds
- 3 cup oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, liquid
- 2 tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 250 F.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients separately, then together.
- Spread mixture evenly on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes then turn with a spatula and bake for another 30 minutes.