On a plant-powered lunch kick lately and don’t think it will be stopping anytime soon!
Meet my winter harvest bowls made with in-season brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, fingerling potatoes and pomegranate.
Is there anything better than roasted veggies in the colder months? Any excuse to turn the oven on!
Last week I experienced my first SNOW since moving to the south and needless to say, it was magical. There is something about snow covered palm trees that is just so charming.
The weather had me in a major cooking and roasting mood and also meant getting creative with some pantry staples since we were snowed in for a few days.
Enter: Dunya Harvest Organic Long Grain Brown Rice and Organic Canned Chickpeas. Both a good source of fiber, B vitamins and plant-protein. This lunch is surprisingly satisfying. Yes, you don’t always need animal protein to round out a meal.
Tune into Good Food Friday this week on ABC WCIV Lowcountry Live for National Gluten Free Day. I will be debunking gluten myths and sharing easy ways to eat gluten-free without feeling deprived. Hint: it’s a lot easier than most think!
If you make this, be sure to share with me on Instagram!
Winter Harvest Bowls
- 1/2 cup Dunya Harvest Organic Brown Rice
- 1/2 cup Dunya Harvest Organic Canned Chickpeas
- 1 cup fingerling potatoes, cut into fourths
- 1 cup brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp pomegranate arils
- Cook Dunya Harvest Organic Brown Rice on the stovetop according to instructions.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Coat potatoes, brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes in avocado oil and roast for 20 minutes in the oven.
- Divide brown rice onto two serving plates and top with vegetables, chickpeas and pomegranate arils
Nutrition By Mia http://nutritionbymia.com/
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to keep up with my recipes nutrition guides, media segments and collaborations!
Sponsored by Dunya Harvest.