No meat, no problem! Celebrating Cinco de Mayo with 5-minute vegetarian TACO BOWLS.
Made with lime arugula, cherry tomatoes, and Lundberg Family Farms red rice & quinoa chips. Whole-grains + veggies + plant protein… check, check and check!
I always say: the more colors the better! Colors in produce are indicative of phytonutrients which help protect cells and may help slow down the aging process.
These are made extra festive and nutritious with Lundberg Family Farms Thai Hom Mali red rice. It’s slightly sweet, soft and fluffy in texture and RED for Cinco de Mayo. They come in pre-cooked microwavable pouches so all you have to do is heat to eat and they are ready in 90 seconds! A unique and easy way to incorporate more whole grains into your diet – something that I encourage as a dietitian for filling fiber and B vitamins!
I shared these today on River City Live, News 4 Jacksonville along with other healthy Cinco de Mayo swaps. Watch the segment here!
If you make these, be sure to share with me on Insta!
Vegetarian Taco Bowls
- 1 pack Lundberg Family Farms’ Thai Hom Mali rice
- 1/2 cup Lundberg Family Farms Grounded Snacks, crushed
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 limes
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 black olives, sliced
- Cook Lundberg Family Farms’ Thai Hom Mali rice according to instructions and divide into two serving bowls.
- Divide the following ingredients between both bowls: arugula, cherry tomatoes, corn, mozzarella and olives.
- Slice one lime in half and squeeze each half over each bowl.
Nutrition By Mia https://nutritionbymia.com/
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to keep up with my recipes nutrition guides, media segments and collaborations!
Sponsored by Lundberg Family Farms.