It’s not Halloween without a fall veggie and cheese platter!
Can you believe that Halloween is tomorrow!?
This time of year is my favorite as it starts to get cooler in Charleston. One of my favorite parts about living in Charleston is seeing all the fun Halloween decor adorning the historic homes downtown.
My second favorite part of fall and Halloween is the food! If you are looking for a last minute entertaining platter for your Halloween soirees, this is it!
Made with festive, in-season ingredients and even a make-shift bowl (hello, pumpkin!)
For the fruit I used red grapes (on sale) and three types of apples – mostly for some color. I love gala and honey crisp for red, golden delicious for yellow and granny smith for green.
For veggies I added my favorite Dandy’s celery which was developed to be sweeter, crispier and have fewer strings (thanks to their 3 PHDs on staff!).
Finally, add some cheese, bread, pecans and fresh thyme for garnish.
Easy, delicious and festive! If you make this, be sure to share with me on Instagram!
If you miss my segment last week, you can catch more ideas on how to host a healthy and haunted Halloween on News4Jax.com!
- 2 cups Dandy celery, sliced
- 1 honey crisp apple, sliced thinly
- 1 granny smith apple, sliced thinly
- 1 golden delicious apple, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 2 cups grapes
- 1 cup cheese, cubed
- 1 baguette, sliced
- 1 mini pumpkin
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- fresh thyme
- Slice the top off of the mini pumpkin and remove the seeds.
- Fill the pumpkin with guacamole and place on cheese platter.
- Arrange remaining ingredients around the pumpkin and garnish with fresh thyme.
Sponsored by Dandy Produce.