6-ingredient pecan pie BARS! Hello simple dessert with benefits.
PECANS elevate the nutrition of this dessert by adding 3 grams of protein and fiber which keep you fuller longer, as well as 12 grams of “good” monounsaturated and essentials minerals including zinc. They are also one of the lowest in carbs and highest in fiber compared to other nuts.
If you are a pecan pie lover, you will love this better-for-you take. It’s super simple to make, made with only a handful of ingredients and you’ll feel good after enjoying it.
Are you a pecan lover? Get the recipe below and be sure to tag me on Instagram if you make!
6-Ingredient Pecan Pie Bars
- 1 1/2 cup pecan flour or blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Optional: 1 tsp vanilla extract and pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- Optional: 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine crust ingredients in a large mixing bowl until combined and press into the bottom of a lined or pre-greased 8 x 8 baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Add filling ingredients to a medium saucepan and place over medium heat. Whisk together until combined and boiling. Stir in pecans until uniform. Pour mixture over crust and bake for another 20 minutes. Allow to cool before slicing into bars.