6-ingredient homemade healthier Twix Bars!
Who doesn’t love chocolate, caramel and shortbread together? This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo-friendly and vegan. Plus, it can be customized with your sweetener and nut/seed butter of choice.
For this recipe, I made the base with high fiber coconut flour which has a naturally sweet taste, creamy cashew butter (but you can use any nut/seed butter of choice) and Cocavo Pure which is a blend of avocado oil and pure coconut oil so it adds buttery flavor to this recipe without the coconut taste. You can find it at Walmart.
For this recipe, you will only need to use the oven for ten minutes. The rest of the recipe makes itself while chilling in the fridge. I used a bread pan for this recipe but if you want thinner bars, feel free to use a square baking dish or even double this recipe.
You’ll love it! Be sure to tag me on Instagram if you make.
6-Ingredient Healthy Twix Bars
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup Cocavo Pure or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or raw Manuka honey
- 1/4 cup Cocavo Pure or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cashew butter or nut/seed butter of choice
- 3 tbsp maple syrup or raw Manuka honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Cocavo Pure or coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or raw Manuka honey
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine crust ingredients until uniform and press into the bottom of a lined bread pan. Bake for 10 min.
- Warm caramel layer ingredients in a saucepan on the stovetop until liquid and combined. Pour over crust and place in the fridge for 10 min or until set.
- Warm chocolate layer in another saucepan on the stovetop until liquid and combined. Pour on top of the Carmel layer and place in the fridge for another 20 min or until set. Top with salt (optional) and cut into thin strips.