Host a healthy Halloween with protein and veggie-packed TACO cups. Made with homemade taco seasoning, creamy avocado & Garden Fresh Gourmet thick & chunky Thick ‘N Chunky salsa.
Halloween doesn’t have to be all about the candy!
The holidays are such a festive but busy time (especially if you are hosting. My Halloween taco cups are a crowd-please and so easy to whip up. Everything is more fun when it’s in finger food form, right?
These are made with grass-fed beef and a homemade taco seasoning (with a lot of spicy kick!).
I used the Garden Fresh Gourmet Thick n Chunky salsa to add a delicious blend of tomato, fresh onions and cilantro – with just the right amount of kick from jalapeno. They are made in small batches with high-quality ingredients and no artificial preservatives. You can find it in the refrigerated deli section at Publix for 4.99.
I also used the Garden Fresh Gourmet Avocado Salsa Verde which adds a festive green color to these cups.
Don’t forget the cheese, sour cream and guac!
You can also sub plain Greek yogurt for the sour cream to up the protein and lower the fat.
Did you catch my taco cups this morning on News 4 Jacksonville? Watch the replay here.
If you make this, be sure to share with me on Instagram!
- 10 small soft tortillas (corn or flour)
- 1/2 lb. grass-fed ground beef
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/4 cup Garden Fresh Gourmet Thick and Chunky Salsa
- 1/4 cup Garden Fresh Gourmet Avocado Salsa Verde
- 1/4 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Using a large circle cookie cutter or the bottom of a wine bottle, cut tortillas into circles and place in a non-stick muffin tray.
- Bake tortillas for 10 minutes
- While tortillas are baking, add oil to a large skillet and cook ground beef with spices.
- Distribute beef among taco cups and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Set oven to broil. Bake taco cups for 2 minutes until cheese has melted.
- Top taco cups with one teaspoon each of the Garden Fresh Gourmet Thick and Chunky Salsa, Garden Fresh Gourmet Avocado Salsa Verde and sour cream.
- Top with fresh avocado and serve immediately.
Sponsored by Garden Fresh Gourmet.