This recipe was made in partnership with Unilever.
Kale, cherry tomatoes and crunchy cucumbers dressed in a garden-fresh homemade dressing – this is summer in a bowl! Add in quinoa and chickpeas for some plant-protein and lunch is served.
The warmer summer weather always has me craving more veggies and a good dressing can make or break a summer salad. This salad is dressed in a 6-ingredient Green Goddess dressing. While I often use avocado as a creamy base, I opted for a crowd-pleasing favorite – Hellmann’s® Vegan Carefully Crafted Dressing & Sandwich Spread, a delicious, eggless spread made with carefully chosen and non-GMO sourced ingredients.
The delicious, rich taste of Hellmann’s can make anything taste good, and most importantly, promotes consumption of veggies, whole grains and lean proteins. Often, this is the key to getting kids (or your boyfriend/husband) to eat these positive food groups!
This year, I’m partnering with Unilever to create a healthier, more sustainable future, by sharing food that tastes good, does good and doesn’t cost the earth. We can do this is by:
- Cooking MORE. Not all recipes have to be difficult! So many times, I will throw together recipes with ingredients that I already have on hand. Additionally, food prepared at home is typically lower in calories, fat and sodium, and more economical.
- Making small changes to improve our eating habits. Even simple swaps can improve our health and wellbeing. For example, the rich taste of Hellmann’s® Vegan Carefully Crafted Dressing and Sandwich Spread contains plant based oils which provide a good source of omega-3 alpha-linolenic acids (ALA).
- Making food that is good for our personal health, public health and the planet. Hellmann’s® embodies this by utilizing sustainably sourced oils and sourcing real, quality ingredients from trusted American farmers.
I will be enjoying this salad all summer long and pairing the dressing with everything off the grill. If you make this, be sure to share with me on Instagram!
Summery Green Goddess Salad
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 6 cups kale, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cucumbers, cut into quarter moons
- 1 cup chickpeas, cooked
- 1/2 cup Hellmann’s® Vegan Carefully Crafted Dressing & Sandwich Spread
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup parsley
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 garlic clove
- Cook quinoa over the stovetop in a medium saucepan in two cups of water and set aside.
- Add chopped kale to a large serving bowl and toss with cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, chickpeas and cooked quinoa.
- Add dressing ingredients to a food processor and process until combined.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss with two serving spoons.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition By Mia https://nutritionbymia.com/
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to keep up with my recipes nutrition guides, media segments and collaborations!