Sponsored by Brummel & Brown.
Winter squash season is in full effect. Delicata, butternut, acorn, spaghetti… I love it all!
Winter squash is packed with fiber and skin-loving beta-carotene. It also happens to be the perfect vehicle for protein and veggies come fall & winter. This dish packs a balance of macronutrients (fat, protein, carbs) and it happens to present well!
Impress you guests this holiday season while keeping them healthy.
I’ve partnered with Brummel and Brown for this recipe. Brummel and Brown Organic is a staple for so many holiday recipes – from baked goods to savory dishes. It’s a buttery spread made with organic yogurt and plant-based oils. It has a similar consistency and creaminess to butter, but less saturated fat. It can be used as a one to one substitute for any recipe that calls for butter.
Did you catch my Good Food Friday today on ABC WCIV Lowcountry Live? I shared healthy holiday entertaining tips and simple swaps including three ways to use Brummel and Brown from appetizers to entrees to dessert. Watch the rerun here!
If you make these, be sure to share with me on Instagram!
Stuffed Delicata Squash Boats
- 1 delicata squash
- 2 tbsp Brummel & Brown Organic
- 1/2 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 cup kale
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pecans
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450.
- In a medium sauté pan, sauté ground turkey and kale with one tablespoon Brummel & Brown Organic, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Cut the squash lengthwise in half. Remove and discard the seeds.
- Coat squash with Brummel & Brown Organic.
- Place squash on a baking sheet, cut side down. Bake for 15-20 minutes until tender.
- Remove squash from oven and divide turkey mixture evenly in each.
- Top with chopped pecans and dried cranberries.
Nutrition By Mia https://nutritionbymia.com/
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram
to keep up with my recipes nutrition guides, media segments and collaborations!