Happy GOOD FOOD Friday!
If you caught my segment this morning on ABC Charleston, you know that pizza was involved.
Cauliflower crust pizza to be exact!
I am a pizza lover (who isn’t?) and cauliflower crust is an absolute game changer. If you are like me, you are all about the toppings so why not lighten up the crust?
Most pizza crusts are nutrient-poor, high in calories and made with refined flours.
For this pizza, I used CAULIPOWER’S NEW Frozen Paleo Crust (you can find it on Amazon). It’s grain and gluten free and lower in calories and carbohydrates than your traditional crust. PLUS, it’s made with a vegetable so you are getting fiber and vitamin C. The best part? It tastes nearly identical to your standard pizza crust. In fact, my taste testers couldn’t tell the difference!
I like to go crazy on fiber- and nutrient-rich veggies for the toppings.
Here I used mozzarella cheese with zucchini, mushrooms, bell peppers and fresh arugula.
The ultimate Friday night dinner!
- 1 CAULIPOWER Frozen Paleo Crust
- 1/2 cup orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- 1/2 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Place CAULIPOWER'S Frozen Paleo Crust on a lined baking sheet.
- Spread pizza sauce on top and top with mozzarella cheese followed by veggies.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until cheese has melted.
If you make this, be sure to share with me on Instagram!