Happy almost Independence Day!
I am so exciting to be heading up north to NYC the celebrate this patriotic holiday. Do you have your menu set yet?
You can never have too many salads and veggies! Meet my Green Dream salad made with air-fried zucchini, plant-protein quinoa and crunchy lettuce topped with a homemade oil-free avocado dressing made with a secret ingredient – Florida Orange Juice!
One 8 ounce glass of 100% orange juice counts as one of your daily recommended servings of fruit. The recommendation for healthy adults is 2-2.5 servings. With Florida Orange Juice, you’re also getting the “Amazing 5” your body needs – vitamin C, potassium, folate, great taste and no added sugar.
I love that this salad screams summer!
Only made with a handful of ingredients. This is easy to whip up for your backyard BBQ parties this weekend or next week – whenever you plan to celebrate!
If you make this, be sure to share with me on Instagram.
Watch Good Food Friday today on ABC Charleston for more healthy Fourth of July menu ideas!
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 2 zucchinis, cut into 4-inch spears
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 4 cups romaine, chopped
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup Florida Orange Juice
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 tbsp. cilantro (if desired)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Brush zucchinis with avocado oil and air fry for 10 minutes at 350 F.
- Assemble quinoa, romaine and zucchini in two bowls.
- For the dressing from FloridaJuice.com: Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree until very smooth (you may have to scrape down the sides a few times). After blending, the dressing should be very smooth, light and airy. Season with salt and pepper to your tastes. To use as a salad dressing, add 1 tablespoon of water at a time to the dressing and whisk or blend to incorporate well, until you’ve got it as thin as you like.
- Drizzle dressing on top and sprinkle with hemp seeds.
Sponsored by Florida Orange Juice.