Chocolate chips meet banana in my chocolate chip banana squares!
Is there any better combination than chocolate and banana? These are so easy to make and will become one of those desserts you’ll want to have on hand for satisfying a sweet tooth quickly.
Banana is one of my go-to natural sweeteners because it also adds a slew of nutrients that you don’t find in refined sugar like potassium and vitamin C.
I made these with this square baking mold from Amazon that I am obsessed with! It makes baking so much easier when you want to make bite-sized treats and you don’t have deal with cutting everything perfectly.
These are made with Sunspire chocolate chips which are Fair Trade certified and great for baking. This recipe called for their organic semi-sweet chocolate chips but if you want to go the unsweetened route, you can try their unsweetened carob.
If you make these, be sure to share with me on Insta!
- 1.5 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup Sunspire Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup banana, mashed
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease a muffin tin or mini square mold.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, sugar, baking powder and chocolate chips.
- In another large bowl, combine egg, peanut butter and banana.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together until you achieve a uniform batter.
- Transfer batter to greased muffin tin or mini square mold and bake for 20-30 minutes.
Sponsored by Sunspire.