Asian-Inspired Spanish Paella
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 lb. peeled and deveined frozen medium shrimp
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 oz.) diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups brown rice
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp NAKANO Roasted Garlic Rice Vinegar
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 lemon, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add oil to a large skillet and place over medium-high heat. Add chicken to the skillet and cook until browned and no longer pink, about 6-7 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add onion, garlic, peas, bell pepper and diced tomatoes with its juices to the skillet and cook for 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in rice, broth, rice vinegar, tamari, seasonings and chicken and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook until rice begins to soften, about 8-10 minutes
- Add shrimp to the pan, cover and cook for another 4-5 minutes or until shrimp is pink. Drizzle lemon juice on top and serve immediately.