I am SO excited to share this recipe today. It has been a long time coming!
Since discovering “air-frying” while I was eating at By Chloe in New York City, I have been wildly intrigued. As someone who lives in the south, I can attest to loving our fried food! But as a dietitian, these foods don’t make it into my regular client recommendations.
Air-frying makes it possible to enjoy your crispy crunchy french fries and chicken nuggets as part of a healthy balanced lifestyle – without all the added fat.
I have partnered with Cuisinart to share their Air Fryer Toaster oven. It is a full-size convection toaster oven with 7 separate functions, including the ability to bake, broil, and toast.
Food you can air fry includes wings, fritters, french fries and shrimp. You don’t even need to add oil!
You can purchase the air fryer here.
These chicken tenders and sweet potato fries are reminiscent of classic comfort food with a healthy twist! I used almond flour to bread the chicken tenders and the sweet potato fries are crispy and oil-free!
If you make these or jump on the air frying bandwagon, be sure to share with me on Insta!
Sponsored by Cuisinart.
Air Fried Chicken Tenders and Sweet Potato Fries
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Ketchup for serving
- To make chicken: beat egg in a large mixing bowl and stir almond flour and salt in a separate large mixing bowl.
- Submerge chicken into egg and transfer into almond flour mixture. Coat both sides and shake off any excess before placing in cooking basket. Space chicken tenders apart so none are touching.
- Place chicken in the air fryer and cook for 10 minutes at 350 F.
- To make the fries: cut sweet potatoes into 1/4-inch wedges.
- Place sweet potato fries in cooking basket and space evenly apart.
- Place fries in air fryer and cook for 4 minutes on each side at 400 F.
Nutrition By Mia https://nutritionbymia.com/