If you are looking for another sweet dessert with benefits then look no further than this 5-ingredient caramel apple bark!
Made with a 2-ingredient homemade caramel sauce, dark chocolate, crunchy whole grain pretzels and crisp crunchy perfectly sweet apples which add filling fiber and vitamin C.
This recipe requires no oven. All it needs is to be set in the freezer for an hour before enjoying.
Apples add perfect crunch, texture and sweetness to this recipe. They also help meet your recommended fiber needs for the day which is important for digestive and immune health. Apples are an excellent source of vitamin C which is important for immune health and skin health.
Get the recipe below and let me know on Instagram if you make it!
5-Ingredient Caramel Apple Bark
- 1 apple, diced
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 2 cups whole grain pretzels
- 12 oz. dark chocolate
- Melt chocolate and spread in a single layer on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Top with pretzels in a single layer
- In a small saucepan, whisk together cashew butter and maple syrup over low heat until combined. Stir in diced apples at the end and pour over pretzels. Optional: melt extra chocolate to drizzle on top at this step.
- Transfer to the freezer & freeze until set, about 1 hour.