It’s not Galentine’s Day without PIZZA… tortilla pizzas, that is!
Tortilla pizzas are easy to make, are ready in less than 10 minutes and so customizable! They are perfect for a girl’s night because everyone can get involved and it’s less work on the hostess to prepare all the food.
For this recipe, I used Thrive Algae Oil which is a super versatile, neutral tasting oil that has a high smoke point and more monounsaturated fat (90%) than any other cooking oil. Besides sautéing, it works great in salad dressing, baked goods and roasting. Replacing sources of saturated fat in your diet with sources of monounsaturated fat may help support a healthy heart.
If you are like me, you are all about the veggies! These three combos make veggies the star but feel free to add your favorite proteins like sausage and roasted chicken. For the base, I used sprouted whole grain tortillas which have more fiber, protein and B vitamins thanks to the sprouted process.
Be sure to tune in to CBS Las Vegas today for more healthy Galentine’s Day recipes!
If you make this, be sure to share with me on Instagram!
- 3 sprouted whole grain tortillas
- 3 tbsp Thrive Algae Oil, divided
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup mozarella cheese, shredded
- Set oven to broil.
- Place tortillas on a baking sheet and bake for 2 minutes until warm. Remove from oven. Top two tortillas with shredded mozzarella and the other tortilla with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Warm one tablespoon of Thrive Algae Oil in a medium skillet and sauté mushrooms and 1/2 cup kale until cooked. Transfer to a tortilla with mozzarella cheese.
- Warm another tablespoon of Thrive Algae Oil in the skillet and sauté bell peppers, 1/2 cup kale and red onion. Transfer to tortilla with cheddar cheese. Add sliced olives.
- Add tomato slices to the other tortilla with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake all tortillas for 2-5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook for daily recipes, meal ideas, articles and television segments.
Recipe sponsored by Thrive Algae.