Today on Nashville’s Talk of The Town, I made FUDGY brownie bites with a secret ingredient… BEANS. This recipe is VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE and made with GOOD-FOR-YOU ingredients.
Some ingredient highlights:
Cacao powder – Cacao is the less processed form of cocoa. It’s a little more bitter but rich in antioxidants, which protect our cells and may help combat aging.
Oats – Oats are a whole grain so you’re getting that fiber which helps keep us full, and B vitamins, which are important for metabolism.
Beans – What beans are going to add to this recipe is PLANT PROTEIN AND FIBER, and it’s going to allow us to cut back on the amount of fat that we use. So all this recipe needs is 1/4 CUP COCONUT OIL.
Maple Syrup – this is often my sweetener of choice. Unlike refined sugar which is pure a carbohydrate, maple syrup contains nutrients including calcium and potassium, and it also has a lower glycemic index so it wont spike your blood sugar as quickly as refined sugar.
If you make these, be sure to share with me on Instagram!
Fudgy Black Bean Brownie Bites
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and well rinsed
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Lightly grease a mini muffin pan and set aside.
- In a food processor, blend black beans, coconut oil and maple syrup on medium-high until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cocoa powder, oats, baking powder and salt. Add to the food processor and pulse until incorporated.
- Evenly distribute the batter into the muffin tin, filling each three-fourths full.
- Top with dark chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Bake for 15 minutes and allow the brownie bites to cool for at least 20 minutes before removing from the pan.
Nutrition By Mia https://nutritionbymia.com/
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to keep up with my recipes nutrition guides, media segments and collaborations!