Celebrate Valentine’s Day with five-ingredient chocolate covered snickerdoodle hearts made with Simply Organic Cinnamon Spice.
Whether you are single or in a relationship, Valentine’s day is all about celebrating the people you love.
Nothing shows you love someone like home made chocolate covered HEARTS!
These have a doughy center that is reminiscent of a snickerdoodle, coated in rich dark chocolate for a melt-in-your-mouth treat!
My first batch of these were gone in one day! I will definitely be making another next week for the real V-day!
These are made with Simply Organic cinnamon spice. Their organic spices and extracts are my go-to’s for sweet and savory meals. With it being National Heart Month, I am all about educating my clients to swap SPICES AND HERBS for salt. It’s an easy way to elevate a dish without adding calories or sodium. Cinnamon is my favorite spice for DESSERTS. It has a natural sweetness to it which allows me to cut back on the sugar in the recipes.
Tune in to Good Food Friday on ABC WCIV-TV for MORE fun and festive food and beverages to celebrate Valentine’s Day!
If you make these, be sure to share with me on Insta!
Chocolate Covered Snickerdoodle Hearts
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 tsp Simply Organic Cinnamon Spice
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, mix together balanced almond flour, Simply Organic Cinnamon Spice, coconut sugar and peanut butter until uniform.
- Add water to achieve a cookie-dough consistency.
- Divide batter into ten even portions and use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut each heart out.
- Place hearts on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet and place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Prepare the chocolate coating by melting the chocolate chips over the stovetop using the double broiler method. Depending on the chocolate you use, you may need to add some coconut oil to achieve a more liquid consistency. Be careful not to burn the chocolate.
- Remove hearts from the freezer and dip into the chocolate using a fork. Allow the excess chocolate to drip off.
- Place the chocolate covered hearts back into the freezer to set for about 20 minutes before serving.
Nutrition By Mia http://nutritionbymia.com/
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to keep up with my recipes nutrition guides, media segments and collaborations!
Sponsored by Simply Organic.