This recipe was made in partnership with Unilever.
If you are looking for a quick and nutritious entrée for your college tailgate, this dish is for you!
Only one skillet required, this meal comes together in just three steps and can easily feed a hungry crowd.
I developed this recipe as a proud partner of Unilever’s 2018 Agents of Change. Unilever’s mission is to provide food that tastes good, does good and doesn’t cost the earth. Our goal as Agents of Change is to help change the way the world eats through education, nutritious recipe development and sustainable ingredient sourcing.
This recipe is made with NEW Knorr® One Skillet Meals, which feature a range of delicious meal starters that incorporate organic ancient grains like barley, farro, quinoa and whole wheat couscous.
All you have to do is add protein and fresh vegetables to create a satisfying meal and that’s exactly how this meal came together!
For this dish, I used Knorr® One Skillet Meal Southwestern Chicken Brown Rice and Quinoa meal starter, seasoned with smoked chipotle and lime flavor. All I did was add roasted corn, bell peppers and chicken with cilantro and guacamole at the end. Since brown rice and quinoa are great carbohydrates options, I swapped out tortillas for lettuce cups to help balance out the meal. These check your veggies, whole grains and protein boxes to keep you feeling satisfied and nourished.
If you make this, be sure to share with me on Instagram!
- 1 Knorr® One Skillet Meal Southwestern Chicken Brown Rice and Quinoa meal starter
- 1 cup corn
- 1/2 red and yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 8 oz. skinless chicken breast, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup guacamole
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 6-7 lettuce cups
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook peppers and corn for 6 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add remaining oil in the same skillet and sauté chicken for 3 minutes until browned. Add water and contents of the Knorr One Skillet Meal to the skillet and bring to a boil. Cover and turn down heat to medium- low and simmer for 20-25 minutes until rice is cooked.
- Stir in veggies at the end and divide mixture into lettuce cups with cilantro and guacamole