This post was sponsored by Bubbies Ice Cream.
New year, new eats! If you are looking for more nutritious ways to satisfy your sweet cravings, try these six options.
1. Bubbies Salted Caramel Mochi Ice Cream: these 90 calorie treats are bursting with toffee, sea salt and rich cream. Perfect if you like salty sweet! All Bubbies mochis are gluten free, non-GMO and made with real ingredients. You can find them locally at Whole Foods.
2. Dessert Tortilla Pizza: spread nut butter on a whole grain tortilla and top with sliced banana, nuts and chocolate chips.
3. Homemade Energy Bites: I make these with dates, nut butter and whole grain oats plus add-ins of choice. These taste indulgent but are made with good-for-you ingredients.
4. Baked Pear: baked fruit makes for an easy and nutritious holiday sweet treat. Bake for 15 minutes at 350° F and top with granola, honey and whipped cream.
5. Superfood Chocolate Bark: made with cacao powder, coconut oil and manuka honey topped with your favorite superfood ingredients. Superfoods are ingredients with a high level of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants relative to the calories they contain.
6. Apple Nachos: simply slice up your favorite apple into wedges, place in a circular pattern on a serving plate and top with nut butter, granola and chocolate chips.