Protein pasta skillet making weeknight night dinner come together in a flash! A nutritious, high protein take on classic feel-good meal. Made with high fiber/protein chickpea pasta, fresh marinara, parmesan, parsley and & Safe Catch low mercury wild tuna. Dinner for two on busy weeknights!
Who doesn’t love a big bowl of pasta with cheese and marinara?
It’s one of those feel-good nostalgic meals. This is a unique take on a classic favorite. Everything is cooked in ONE skillet and it is ready to serve!
Skillet meals are a staple in my weeknight meal rotation.
They are so easy to throw together and there is very little clean up (win- win!). Instead of regular pasta, I used CHICKPEA pasta which tastes the same but it’s high in protein and fiber for ultimate staying power. Because it is made with legumes, it’s also a good source of B vitamins.
I also added a secret ingredient for an extra boost of protein: TUNA.
Tuna is one of the easiest high quality protein sources that has those good omega-3 fats. Safe Catch Wild Tuna is the lowest mercury brand on the market. Their seasoned elite variety is great for adding to recipes because they are perfectly seasoned for you and ready to eat.
If you make this, be sure to share with me on Instagram!
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 cups chickpea pasta
- 1 cup water
- 1 can Safe Catch Cajun Wild Tuna
- 1 cup marinara
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- In an 8-inch cast iron skillet, sauté onion and garlic in avocado oil on medium heat
- Add pasta to the skillet with water and marinara. Add more water if needed to cover pasta completely.
- Allow pasta to cook for about 15 minutes and store regularly until pasta becomes tender.
- Top pasta with fresh parmesan cheese.
- Transfer skillet to the oven for about 4-5 minutes until cheese melts.
- Remove skillet from the oven and top with fresh parsley before serving.
This recipe was sponsored by Safe Catch.