This recipe is sponsored by NAKANO Rice Vinegars.
Power through the week with this Asian-inspired Greek vegetarian power bowl drizzled with a creamy miso ginger sauce.
“Power bowls” are one of my favorite quick lunches to make during the week because they check all the boxes for a nutritious meal with staying power – protein, fibrous veggies, whole grains and healthy fats. Greek ingredients that flourish in Mediterranean climate like olives, legumes and leafy greens are some of my favorites and take center stage in this dish. The Mediterranean diet has long been linked to health and longevity and is characterized by fruits and vegetables, whole grains, beans, nuts, seeds and olives – many of which are showcased in this dish.
Miso is a fermented mixture of salt, grains and soybeans that is a staple in Japanese cuisine and rich in nutrients like zinc, copper and B vitamins. As a fermented food, it also contains beneficial bacteria called probiotics that support gut and immune health.
I used the NAKANO Toasted Sesame Rice Vinegar, which adds perfect sweetness to this sauce.
Since 1804, NAKANO has been crafting rice vinegar with authentic flavor and perfecting their legacy with unique, contemporary ingredients. They come in a variety of different flavors and you’ll have no trouble finding one for every palate and recipe! I especially love NAKANO Rice Vinegars because they are an easy way to add Asian-inspired flavor fusion to your favorite recipes like salad dressings, marinades and sauces.
Let me know on Instagram if you make this! Check out the NAKANO website and Instagram for more recipes using their rice vinegars.
Greek Vegetarian Power Bowl with Miso Ginger
- 3 cups brown rice, cooked
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups artichoke hearts
- 2 medium avocados, sliced
- 2 cups edamame, shelled
- 1 1/2 cups kalamata olives
- 6 cups kale, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 cups chickpeas, cooked
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup NAKANO Toasted Sesame Rice Vinegar
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp white miso
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together sauce ingredients until combined and uniform. Set aside.
- Cook brown rice according to package instructions and set aside.
- Add kale to a large mixing bowl with lemon juice and massage until tender.
- Add oil to a large skillet and place over medium-high heat.
- Add kale to the skillet and cook until tender and wilted, about 5-6 minutes. Transfer to a large mixing bowl with remaining bowl ingredients and toss to combine. Pour dressing over ingredients and toss to coat. Serve immediately.