The first day of fall is this Saturday and I could not be more excited!
Yes, fall is my favorite season especially now that I live in Charleston. The weather finally starts to cool down and my diet starts to transition to all things pumpkin and apple-spice.
I wanted to pay homage to my fave season with this mini dessert using in-season apples… meet my mini crispy apple pie bites! Spiced apples are so easy to make and I typically don’t add any sugar (they are sweet enough). I’ll add cinnamon and use a little oil (I like coconut for sweet recipes). Saute for a few minutes until tender and add to your oatmeal, yogurt and eve ice cream!
These are a great little sweet treat to make for friends or for Thanksgiving (too soon?). They are portioned for you and embody all the flavors of fall that we love.
I also topped these with crumbled up Voortman FALL flavor wafers which have no artificial colors or flavors and no high fructose corn syrup. Something about a little crunchy makes these even more to-die for!
If you make this, be sure to share with me on Instagram!
Tune in to Good Food Friday tomorrow on ABC Charleston for more fall recipes ideas to celebrate the best season ever!
- Frozen gluten-free pie crust
- 2 apples, peeled and diced
- 2 tsp cinnamon spice
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 3 Voortman Bakery Apple Crisp Wafers
- Cut pie crust into 12 circles using a cookie cutter. Place each circle in a greased muffin pan. Bake according to instructions minus about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove pie crusts from oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- While pie crust is cooling, warm coconut oil in a skillet and sauté apples with cinnamon spice. Divide apples into each pie crust.
- Crush Voortman Bakery Apple Crisp Wafers and sprinkle on top of each apple pie bite.
- Serve immediately.