Happy Halloween! No better way to celebrate this spooky, sweet holiday than with a chocolatey treat: Dark Chocolate Chickpea Spooky Bites.
These coconut flour cookies are so easy to make and come together in less than twenty five minutes. Coconut flour is a high fiber, naturally sweet flour alternative that I love to bake with. It requires a higher liquid to flour ratio so these cookies call for three eggs. Needless to say, these are a higher protein cookie than your standard one.
Dark chocolate is my candy of choice. High in free-radical fighting antioxidants and lower in sugar than the milk variety. It’s a nutritious indulgence in moderation.
Instead of chocolate chips, these are made with Lebby DARK CHOCOLATE Chickpea Snacks.
I shared these on Good Food Friday on ABC WCIV Lowcountry Live a few months ago as a nutritious way to satisfy a sweet craving. Chickpeas are a great source of plant protein and fiber. These are dry roasted – so no oil is used and although they are sweet, these only have 6 grams per snack! You can find them here.
Sponsored by Lebby Snacks.
Dark Chocolate Chickpea Spooky Bites
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 bag Lebby Snacks Dark Chocolate Covered Chickpeas
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine coconut flour, baking soda and salt.
- In another medium mixing bowl, beat eggs and combine with sunflower seed butter and maple syrup.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients throughly until batter is uniform.
- Divide batter into 1-inch balls and space evenly on a lined baking sheet.
- Press three Lebby Dark Chocolate Covered Chickpeas onto each cookie.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
Nutrition By Mia https://nutritionbymia.com/
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to keep up with my recipes nutrition guides, media segments and collaborations!