Butternut Squash Barley, yes please. You can pretty much pair squash with anything and I’m all in. This one is a recipe for even the pickiest of palates so I wouldn’t count on any leftovers!
3 cups butternut squash peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 cup hulled barley
1/2 cup dry white wine
3 cups vegetable broth (make your own)
S & P to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Heat coconut over medium-high heat in a large oven-safe saucepan.
3. Add squash, onion, salt and pepper. Stir and cook until onion softens (about 5 minutes)
4. Add barley to vegetables. Stir and cook for about 1 minute.
5. Add the broth and bring to a boil.
6. Cover the pot and transfer it to the oven to make for about 35 minutes (until barley is tender).