This post was sponsored by Bubbies
October marks the unofficial start of the season of sweets. With Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, sweets are on my mind more than ever and are the number one requested recipe/snack ideas come October. I am sharing my six RD-approved fall-themed sweet snacks to enjoy this season!
- Bubbies Cookie Dough Ice Cream Bites: Premium ice cream wrapped in creatively-inspired cookie dough batter made with ingredients that are 100-percent safe for consumption in “unbaked” form. Each Bite is gluten free, non-GMO, no rBST and contains 130 calories or less. They are available in four tempting flavors: Brownie Batter with Peanut Butter Ice Cream, Chocolate Chip with Vanilla Chocolate Chip Ice Cream, Sugar Cookie with Strawberry Ice Cream, Birthday Cake with Vanilla Ice Cream (which is my favorite). Find these at your local Target and Sam’s Club.
- Homemade pumpkin fudge: Made with only 5 ingredients – coconut oil, pumpkin, nut butter, maple syrup & pumpkin spice. This recipe is super easy to make plus it’s made with ingredients you know and recognize. Get the recipe on Instagram.
- Dark Chocolate Dipped Apple: Made this super easy snack with your in-season apples. Simple place your apple on a popsicle stick and dip in dark chocolate. Freeze to harden the chocolate, about 30-60 minutes, then top with granola + unsweetened coconut flakes for some crunch. Apples are a good source of fiber and vitamin C. Plus, they are in season and come in hundreds of varieties ranging from sweet to more tart.
- Pumpkin Smoothie Pop: add your pumpkin smoothie to a pop mold and freeze until set. My go-to pumpkin smoothie recipe is: 1/3 cup pumpkin puree, 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice, 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt, 1 cup milk.
- Pumpkin Banana Ice Cream: a seasonal take on banana “nice cream”. Add 1 frozen banana and 2 tbsp pumpkin to a food processor and blend until smooth. Serve in an ice cream bowl and top with crunchy granola.
- Pumpkin Milkshake: blend 1 cup pumpkin banana ice cream, 1 cup milk, 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice until smooth and top with whipped cream.
What’s your favorite better fall sweet snack? Let me know over on Instagram!